Welcome 2018-2019 Sixth Grade!!
Dear Sixth Grade Families,
Hello! I am excited about being your child’s sixth grade teacher this year. I look forward to meeting you and your child in the fall. We will have an active and fun filled year. Anytime you have something you would like to discuss with me, please write me a note, or give me a call at the school. I will get back to you as quickly as possible.
If you are starting your shopping early, here is a list of supplies your child will need for the upcoming school year.
- pencils (#2 pencils and/or mechanical)
- pencil sharpener
- blue and red pen
- 5 different colored highlighters
- crayons/colored pencils/markers
- glue sticks/glue
- 3’’ x 5” white index cards (2 packs)
- 5 different colored spiral notebooks- black, green, yellow, red, blue
- 1 three ringed binder (at least 2 inch or larger) or trapper keeper
- 5 subject dividers for binder
- pencil box (large enough to hold all colored pencils/pens/highlighters/scissors/etc)
- Gym shoes to be kept at school (for weekly YMCA gym class) and deodorant is welcomed
- Art shirt (please put your child’s name on it, can be a parent’s old shirt)
If you are able to donate to our classroom, here is our Classroom Wish List:
- Kleenex (we can never have too much)
- Clorox wipes
- Lysol spray
- Large white poster board
Also, since we do have the uniform policy (solid white shirts with collars and blue pants, shorts, skirts or jumpers) we have lots of identical clothing. PLEASE label your child’s sweaters, coats, lunchboxes and all those other commonly misplaced items.
I look forward to meeting you at the open house on Wednesday, August 29th, 3:00-6:00 pm. Have a fantastic rest of summer and I will see you Tuesday, September 4th!
Your Sixth Grade Teacher