March is Reading Month
Many fun and exciting activities are planned to help promote reading throughout the month. Encourage your child to read everyday. This year our theme is “Reading Around the World”. There will be a lot of fun activities going on throughout the month of March. During the month there will be different spirit days each week. Please look for a calendar to come home.
Fun March Is Reading Month Activities At Home
- Decorate your bedroom door displaying your favorite book.
- Create a reading corner somewhere in your house.
- Turn the TV off for the night and read together as a family.
- Put on a play of your favorite book for your family.
- Create a puppet of your favorite book character.
- Create bookmarks and give them to members of your family.
- Challenge yourself to read each night. Don’t forget to fill out your weekly reading log and bring it back on Fridays during the month of March!
A calendar has already been sent home!
It is a privilege to participate in spirit week. Students are expected to come dressed appropriately for school. For safety all students must wear closed toed shoes.
This year our literacy night is on March 21st from 4:30-6:30pm. Our theme will be “Reading Around the World”. Students who come will get a “passport” to be stamped at each classroom country. Classrooms will have a small activity for students to do.
We will be doing our classroom’s conferences the week of March 27th.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day