Meal Account Refund:
School Meal Information
We all have busy schedules but also have a responsibility to provide a good foundation for a healthy lifestyle for your child. In addition to the curriculum objectives which will be taught, each classroom teacher will encourage good nutrition and physical activity routines. Please refer to Nutrition at School and the Academy Wellness Policy which are included in the handbook.
The Child Care Food Service provides food service to all students at the Academy for a minimal cost. Free or reduced price lunches are available for students who qualify under federal guidelines. Applications for the National School Lunch Program can be obtained in the office or you can visit www.familyportal.cloud.
AM Breakfast and Lunch Service
Breakfast and lunch forms along with menus are sent home with the student each month.
Nutrition at School
We concentrate on good nutrition at school. We all have busy schedules but it’s important to make sure we’re taking the time to encourage healthy eating habits at school and at home.
Healthy Breakfast and lunch ideas:
- fruit cups, Jell-O with fruit or pudding
- bananas, grapes, pre-cut fruit in baggies such as strawberries or watermelon
- pre-cut vegetables such as cucumbers, baby carrots, broccoli, celery or peppers with ranch dip
- granola bars, graham crackers, pretzels, popcorn , or Chex Mix
- crackers and cheese, animal crackers, raisins
- dry cereal in a baggy like Life or Kix
- bagel with cream cheese, yogurt with granola or cottage cheese with fruit
- any of the above
- chicken salad or lunch meat sandwich or cold pizza
- small salad with dressing on side
- soup, spaghetti, or ravioli in a Thermos
- small bottled water
- low sugar fruit juice like apple juice or orange juice or lemonade
- non-caffeinated beverages
- milk from school
- NO POP