February Notes from the Principal….
Greetings Parents and Families! There are lots of exciting events taking place this
- Monday, February 11th , we are celebrating the 100th day of school! Students are
invited to dress up how they think they will look at 100 years old. We can’t wait to
- Wednesday, February 13th , is count day in the state of Michigan. Student
attendance is especially important this day and any absent students will need a
note excusing their absence upon return. Also, this day will be NON UNIFORM!
- Thursday, February 14th , is Valentine’s Day! All classrooms will be celebrating
with fun activities this day. Students are welcome to wear red, pink, and/or
- Friday, February 15th , is our annual Father/Daughter Dance! Tickets are on sale
in the upper el office for $5 each. Get your tickets now to dance the night away.
This year’s theme is winter wonderland!
- Friday, February 22nd there is no school! This is our very short version of a mid-
winter break. Enjoy!
- This month we wrapped up our second round of NWEA testing. This helps us
see how students are doing and how best to adjust instruction to meet their
needs. You will receive a parent report at spring conferences.
- Also, looking ahead, mark your calendar for the annual spring musical on March
28th in the evening! Many more details to come home soon !
We continue to be proud of the hard work exhibited by our students and staff. Oakland
Academy continues to be a leader amongst charter schools in Michigan and we will
work hard to continue this great work. As always, should you have questions do not
hesitate to contact me either here at school by phone or at this email: email@example.com.
Principal, Oakland Academy