Here are some important dates to remember!
- Count Day is Wednesday 2/8. It is very important for your child to be at school that day.
- Re-enrollment forms are due Friday 2/10. We want to see you next year!
- Valentine’s Day /100th Day of School!! Tuesday 2/14. We are combining these two special days. (Can you imagine 100 hearts on a shirt??)
- KSO-3rd grade trip! Thursday 2/16 from 11:15-1:30. So lucky!! Enjoy the Symphony 3rd graders!!
- The Hearing and Vision crew will be at Oakland Academy on 2/21 & Wed. 2/22. They will be doing their annual screening for these two very important senses!
- The monthly PTO Meeting is on Tuesday 2/21 at 8:30 am.
- This month our “Character Counts” trait is “Respect”. Teachers will be watching for students who display respectful behavior. They will be awarded with a certificate and a PIZZA LUNCH with the principal. Pizza lunch with Mrs. Boris will be on Thursday 2/23. Last month’s “Character Count” was “Trustworthiness” Congratulations to Jayla Jimenez (3rd grade) and Sydney Mitchell (4th grade).
- Our fabulous PTO is sponsoring a fundraiser at “SKYZONE” on Thursday 2/23. (There is no school the following day). Please refer to the flyer that went home for specifics on how you can support our school, get an amazing work out and have a ton of fun (or enjoy watching your family) bouncing in the fun, or out the stress!
- Friday 2/24 – No School. Enjoy your day!
- Fourth graders are being treated to the “Burdick Thorne String Quintet” (thank you Miss. Ciavattone for arranging this awesome performance) on Tuesday 2/28. This is part of “Music on the Move”).
- Look for your child’s “Book It” calendar that was sent home. This is an incentive program to encourage reading at home. The goal for fourth grade is 480 minutes a month. Third grade is 350 minutes a month. Fill in the calendar each time you read! (Parents must sign). Return on the last day of the month for your child to receive a “Personal Pan Pizza” from “Pizza Hut!” (That is some YUMMY alliteration!!)
- Don’t Forget…to dress your child warmly for recess.
Happy Valentine’s Day
Ms. Glass and Mrs. Dorton