Menu and Order Form Links:
School Meal Information
We have a responsibility to provide a good foundation for a healthy lifestyle for your child. In addition to the curriculum objectives which will be taught, each classroom teacher will encourage good nutrition and physical activity routines. Please refer to Nutrition at School and the Academy Wellness Policy which are included in the handbook.
The Child Care Food Service provides food service to all students at the Academy for a minimal cost. Free or reduced price breakfast and lunches are available for students who qualify under federal guidelines. Applications for the National School Lunch Program can be obtained in the office or you can visit www.lunchapp.com.
AM Snack and Lunch Service
Menus are sent home with the students at the beginning of each month.
Each week students will receive a form for ordering snacks and lunches for the following week.
Nutrition at School
We concentrate on good nutrition at school. We all have busy schedules but it’s important to make sure we’re taking the time to encourage healthy eating habits at school and at home.
Healthy snack and lunch ideas:
- fruit cups, Jell-O with fruit or pudding
- apples with peanut butter
- bananas, grapes, pre-cut fruit in baggies such as strawberries or watermelon
- pre-cut vegetables such as cucumbers, baby carrots, broccoli, celery or peppers with ranch dip
- granola bars, graham crackers, pretzels, popcorn , or Chex Mix
- crackers and cheese, animal crackers, trail mix, nuts, raisins
- dry cereal in a baggy like Life or Kix
- bagel with cream cheese, yogurt with granola or cottage cheese with fruit
- any of the above
- chicken salad or lunch meat sandwich or cold pizza
- small salad with dressing on side
- soup, spaghetti, or ravioli in a Thermos
- small bottled water
- low sugar fruit juice like apple juice or orange juice or lemonade
- non-caffeinated beverages
- milk from school
- NO POP
We also encourage healthy birthday treats or non-food items.
If you need more ideas or have questions please see your child’s teacher.