Greetings! A new year is here, happy 2018! I hope your break was enjoyable. This month there are a few important notes:
- Winter weather gear – please continue to send all the essential winter weather gear to school with your child; boots and inside shoes, hat, snow pants, gloves, etc. We have outdoor recess unless the temperature or wind chill is below 10 degrees. Make sure your child is prepared! Additionally if your child is well enough to be at school, we expect they are well enough for outdoor recess. If they need to stay in a Dr’s note is required.
- The second quarter will end on Friday, 1/19. On this day you should expect to receive your child’s second quarter progress report as well. Can you believe the year is nearly half over?!
- The winter round of NWEA testing will be starting the week of 1/15. This is a great midyear check for our teachers to see how students are progressing. This also gives them the opportunity to adjust grouping and lessons to make sure we are differentiating for each child’s individual needs.
- Father/Daughter Dance! Watch for details and ticket order forms coming home soon and mark your calendar for 2/16.
- PTO: January 23rd at 6pm, is the next PTO meeting. The meeting will be held in the lower el building, in the library. Hope to see you there!
- Reenrollment for fall 2018 will start soon! Watch your child’s mail for a reenrollment form to secure their spot for fall. Returning this form is the only way to guarantee a spot for your child next year. We are offering K-8 for fall 2018!
- Open House: Our first open house of the new year for families interested in enrolling next year will be February 15, from 5-6pm. Spread the word to anyone you know who might be interested in learning more about Oakland.
~ Mrs. Boris,
Principal, Oakland Academy