Greetings parents! I can hardly believe we are approaching November already. The leaves and weather are changing rapidly and soon enough there will be snow. This month there are many exciting events taking place:
- Reminder: Please do not drop students off prior to 8am! We open our doors each morning at 8am and students who are dropped off early are outside and unsupervised creating an unsafe situation.
- Schedule note, there is NO SCHOOL on Friday, 11/3. This is a professional development day for staff.
- The WMU School of Music students are back again this year teaching music twice a week in grades 1-7. We are excited to continue this great partnership again this school year.
- Fast approaching is our school carnival. The carnival will be taking place on Friday, 11/3, from 4-6pm, here at Oakland Academy. There will be games in both buildings, food, and a fantastic silent auction. Tickets are on sale now (with me) and will also be sold the day of the event in the lower el office.
- End of Quarter: the last day of the first quarter is 11/2. Report cards will be sent home that day. Parent teacher conferences will be planned for the week of 11/6. If you haven’t already signed up, please check with your child’s teacher. Our expectation at Oakland is for 100%
- The next PTO meeting is on Tuesday, 11/28 at 8:30am in the lower el library. We hope you are able to join us!
- Thanksgiving Recess: We will have a full day of school on Wednesday, 11/22, and then have 11/23 and 11/24 off to enjoy the holiday.
- As always I am available for your concerns or questions via email, email@example.com, or by phone here at school.
Principal, Oakland Academy