Greetings! It’s hard to believe just a few weeks remain in this school year. As always May is a fun but busy month.
- Jump Rope for Heart takes place on 5/4 during the school day. Pledge forms have already gone home. Please join us in helping raise money for the American Heart Association. Student need to raise a minimum of $5 and have a signed permission slip to participate in the event.
- We are having our first ever Mother/Son night on 5/4 from 8-10pm at Klassic Arcade 2.0 in downtown Gobles. Cost is just $5 per person. Join us if you can!
- Teacher Appreciation Week is 5/7-5/11. This is a great opportunity to thank a teacher for all their hard work this school year. OA teachers rock!
- The final PTO meeting of the year will be on 5/22 at 6pm. This is a very important meeting. We will be voting on officers for the PTO board and also discussing field day. Please join us!
- This year we have two Girls on the Run teams! They will be participating in their 5k run on 5/24 starting at Waldo Stadium. Congratulations to all the girls who participated and good luck on your 5k. We are so proud of you!
- Just a reminder that there will be no school on 5/28, Memorial Day.
- Dentists R Us will be here on May 31st. Look for more information to come home soon about this opportunity.
- Field day will be June 14th. This will be a non-uniform day for the students, so please have your child wear comfortable play clothes and closed toe shoes.
- The last day of school will be on Thursday, June 14th and this is a FULL day of school!
- As you may know summer is great fun but also can cause our students to forget some of the great skills and knowledge they attained this year. To help combat this “summer slide” we create and send home summer homework packets. During the summer there will be two check points where students can come, have their book checked for progress, and receive a prize. These checkpoints will also be the summer PTO playdates. This year the two checkpoints are 7/12 and 8/13, both 4-6pm right here at Oakland Academy.
Thank you so much for all your support this school year. Without your support, much of what we do at Oakland would not be possible. Our incredibly supportive parents and families are one of our school’s greatest assets. I have enjoyed meeting and getting to know the many new families and students that joined us this year and I will also miss the students who I have known for many years who are now moving on. Best wishes for a safe and fun summer! I look forward to seeing you back in the fall. As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me either by email, email@example.com or by phone, 324-8951.
Principal, Oakland Academy