The Holiday’s are approaching…
And we wanted to make you aware of resources in our community that can provide holiday support:
- Franklin Neighborhood Food Pantry is open Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 1-3pm. Documents required: Picture ID, proof of residence, social security numbers of all family members and/or Medicaid cards. 269-963-5567
- First Wesleyan Church provides a food pantry. Serves Calhoun County. Documents required: Picture ID, Social Security cards and Referral from Volunteer Center 211 is required. Pantry hours: Referrals are faxed over as they are filled out. Food is pick up is Thursday: 9:00am-11:00am. 269-962-6644
- Battle Creek First Church of the Nazarene, provides a food pantry. Serves Emmett and Newton Township. Documents required: Picture ID, social security cards for all members of the family and proof of income. Pantry hours: 1st and 3rd Wednesday of every month: 9:30-11am. 269-979-4565
- Kalamazoo Loaves and Fishes is open Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. You need to call first in order to receive assistance. 269-343-3663.
- Valley Family Church (2500 Vincent Avenue, Portage) has a food distribution each Friday from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. 269-324-5599. You do not need to bring any kind of paperwork in order to receive groceries. In addition, the Valley Family Church is offering a holiday meal distribution to interested families on Friday, December 18th. Pre-Registration is required; the church will assist the first 800 people who call to register. Please contact 269-389-0348 to register.
Salvation Army is taking sign-ups for Christmas baskets of food as well as Toys for Tots. To sign up, please provide photo identification, Social Security Card, birth certificate for each child under the age of 16 and proof of income. You can call them at 269-963-3640 for Calhoun County or go to Salvation Army at 400 Capital Ave. Or for Kalamazoo County at 269-344-6119 for Kalamazoo County or go to Salvation Army at 1700 S. Burdick Street.
Mrs. Melissa Martin