- Grand Valley State University Charter School Office conducted a renewal visit in January. A team from GVSU visited Arbor and talked with administration and teachers. The team also visited classrooms. The team left positive feedback and will give feedback to the GVSU board.
- Re-enrollment for fall 2018 will start soon! Watch your child’s mail for a re-enrollment form to secure their spot for fall. Returning this form is the only way to guarantee a spot for your child next year. We are offering K-8 for fall 2018!
- Be nice. Program- This month students will be learning about challenge. We are challenging our students to help, listen and support their classmates.
- Winter NWEA MAP testing is now complete. We are so proud of all the progress our students are making. If you would like a copy of their winter scores, please let us know. Spring NWEA MAP testing will begin in April.
- Spring Pictures will be taken on March 14th. Students may wear an outfit of their choosing for pictures. They must bring their uniform to change into after their picture is taken.
- Breakfast and Lunch Order Forms are due by Wednesday mornings.
- Winter weather gear – please continue to send all the essential winter weather gear to school with your child; boots and inside shoes, hat, snow pants, gloves, etc. We have outdoor recess unless the temperature or wind chill is below 10 degrees. Make sure your child is prepared! Additionally if your child is well enough to be at school, we expect they are well enough for outdoor recess. If they need to stay in a Dr’s note is required.
- Lost and found-Take a look at our lost and found if your child is missing items.
- PLEASE slow down and BE RESPECTFUL while driving in our parking lot. We have students and parents crossing between buildings and we want to keep everyone safe.
Important Dates to Remember
February 14th – Count Day/Valentine Day Parties (Non-uniform day)
February 15th – 100th Day of School
March 1st – Science/Art Fair
March 13th – Family Literacy Night
March 14th – Spring Pictures
March 23rd – End of the 3rd Marking Period
March 26th-29th – Parent/Teacher Conferences
March 29th – Spring Musical at 5pm (Lakeview Middle School)
April 2nd – April 6th – Spring Break
As always I am available for your concerns and questions via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone here at school.
Mrs. Brandy Resman
Arbor Academy, Principal