Dear Forest Families;
March is a very busy month for Academy students, staff and families. It is March Is Reading Month, Spirit Days and Parent Teacher Conferences.
March Is Reading Month is a fun and wonderful opportunity for students to develop a strong interest in reading while doing activities with their classmates at school and families at home. Create a family challenge to set aside 15 minutes each evening to drop everything and read.
Spirit Days are an opportunity for students
and staff to celebrate March Is Reading Month and spring by dressing a little
March 9: College Day
- Wear your favorite college shirt
March 13: Readers are Great Leaders
- Dress for a job you would like one day
March 16: Mismatched Day
- Wear mismatched clothes. Read rhyming/poetry books
March 17: St. Patrick’s Day
- Wear Green Today
March 20: Disney World day
- Wear Disney gear and bring fairy tales to read today
March 23: Dress as your favorite vocabulary word
- Dress as your word and display your word on your clothes
March 27: Beach Party
- Wear NEON colors and bring a beach towel
March 30: Sports Day
- Wear a jersey or team shirt
April 2: Read-In Day
- Bring your favorite books, blankets, and stuffed animals. Wear P.J.s
Parent-Teacher Conferences are scheduled during the week of March 30th. Classroom teachers will reach out to you to schedule a designated time to talk about your child’s academic and social progress. Teachers will try their best to accommodate your first choice and siblings in other classrooms but it is not always a guarantee. Report cards will be reviewed and given out during parent-teacher conferences. Our goal is 100% parent participation for spring conferences.
Upcoming Events to Keep in Mind:
- March 11: Spring Picture Day for ALL Students. Students DO NOT need to wear their school uniforms.
- March 19: Kindergarten Open House 5-6
- March 30-April 2: Parent-Teacher Conferences
- April 3-April 12: Spring Break
- April 1:-PSAT 8 for ALL 8th grade students
- April 13-May 22: M-STEP testing for ALL 3-8 grade students
- May 4-May 22: NWEA testing for ALL K-8 grade students
Spring District Assessments and State Assessments:
All Academy students will complete the NWEA (District Assessment) computerized test this spring. Parent reports will be provided once the testing window is closed. All 3-8th grade students will complete the M-STEP (State Assessment). Please make sure your child is well rested, on time each day and remains in school for the FULL instructional day during NWEA and M-STEP testing.