February 03, 2019
Dear Forest Families,
It is hard to believe it is the end of the first quarter. Fall parent-teacher conferences are scheduled for this week. Our goal is 100% parent participation. Report cards and NWEA parent reports will be provided at conferences.
We made it through the month of January with no snow days! We wrapped up our winter NWEA testing for all students. We were delighted to see the progress that students are making. The assessment data will be used to support students continue growth.
Though we have not seen the cold weather as much as we did last year, please remember to send your child with proper outdoor gear! We will go outside as long as the wind chill stays above 10 degrees.
We have tons of upcoming events and activities for February!
- Friday, February 7th is the 100th day of school! K-2 students are dressing like they are 100 years old J
- Wednesday, February 12th, is count day in the state of Michigan. Student attendance is very important. Any students that are absent will need a note excusing them upon return. To encourage attendance, this day will also be a NON UNIFORM DAY!
- Friday, February 14th is Valentine’s Day! Look for notes regarding classroom parties/activities for that day!
- Friday, February 14th is also our Sock Hop dance. The dance will be from 4:30-6p.m. The cost is $5 per family.
- Thursday, February 27th is the School Wide Performance! Students are to arrive at 5:30. The show starts at 6. Please look for notes coming home and on our Facebook page with more details!
- Friday, February 28th there is no school! Enjoy your three day weekend!
As always, please do not hesitate to contact me with questions or concerns. firstname.lastname@example.org