Dear Forest Families;
March is a very busy month for Academy students, staff and families. It is March Is Reading Month, Spirit Days and Parent Teacher Conferences.
March Is Reading Month is a fun and wonderful opportunity for students to develop a strong interest in reading while doing activities with their classmates at school and families at home. Create a family challenge to set aside 15 minutes each evening to drop everything and read.
Spirit Days are an opportunity for students and staff to celebrate March Is Reading Month and spring by dressing a little silly.
- Friday, March 1: Read Across America
- Bring your favorite Dr. Seuss books today. Wear red, white and blue
- Friday, March 8: Readers are Great Leaders
- Dress for a job you would like one day
- Friday, March 15: Disney World Day
- Wear Disney Gear and bring fairy tales to read today
- Monday, March 18: Patrick’s Day
- Wear Green Today
- Friday, March 22: Beach Party
- Wear NEON colors and bring a beach towel
- Thursday, March 28: Read-In Day
- Bring your favorite books, blankets and stuffed animals. Wear PJs.
Parent-Teacher Conferences are scheduled during the week of March 25. Classroom teachers will reach out to you to schedule a designated time to talk about your child’s academic and social progress. Teachers will try their best to accommodate your first choice and siblings in other classrooms but it is not always a guarantee. Report cards will be reviewed and given out during parent-teacher conferences. Our goal is 100% parent participation for spring conferences.
Upcoming Events to Keep in Mind:
- March 7: Math & Title One Night
- March 13: Spring Picture Day for ALL Students. Students DO NOT need to wear their school uniforms.
- March 20: School Wide Performance-5:30 pm
- March 21: Kindergarten Open House 5-6
- March 25-28: Parent-Teacher Conferences
- March 29-April 7: Spring Break
- April 9-PSAT 8 for ALL 8th grade students
- April 10-May 10: Spring NWEA testing for ALL students
- April 10-May 19: M-STEP testing for ALL 3-8 grade students
Spring District Assessments and State Assessments:
All Academy students will complete the NWEA (District Assessment) computerized test this spring. Parent reports will be provided once the testing window is closed. All 3-8th grade students will complete the M-STEP (State Assessment). Please make sure your child is well rested, on time each day and remains in school for the FULL instructional day during NWEA and M-STEP testing.