March 3, 2017
Dear Forest Families;
March is a very busy month for Academy students, staff and families. It is March Is Reading Month, Spirit Week and Parent Teacher Conferences.
March Is Reading Month is a fun and wonderful opportunity for students to develop a strong interest in reading while doing activities with their classmates at school and families at home. Create a family challenge to set aside 15 minutes each evening to drop everything and read.
Spirit Week is an opportunity for students and staff to celebrate March Is Reading Month and spring by dressing a little silly.
- Monday, March 20: Comfy Day:
- Students can dress in their favorite school appropriate t-shirt or sweatshirt and jeans or exercise pants. All students must wear closed toe shoes.
- Tuesday, March 21: College Game Day
- Student can wear their favorite College t-shirt or sweatshirt and favorite jeans to school. All students must wear closed toe shoes.
- Wednesday, March 22: Tourist Day
- Students can wear sunglasses, floppy hats, Hawaiian shirts, shorts or pants. All students must wear closed toe shoes.
- Thursday, March 23: Dress for Success Day
- Students can dress up like what they want to be when they grow up. All students must wear closed toe shoes.
- Friday, March 24: Rainbow Day
- Grades are assigned a specific color to wear. All students must wear closed toe shoes. A more detailed not will come home from the March is Reading Month Committee.
Parent-Teacher Conferences are scheduled during the week of March 27. Classroom teachers will reach out to you to schedule a designated time to talk about your child’s academic and social progress. Teachers will try their best to accommodate your first choice and siblings in other classrooms but it is always a guarantee. Report cards will be reviewed and given out during parent-teacher conferences. Our goal is 100% parent participation for spring conferences.
Upcoming Events to Keep in Mind:
- March 9: Math and Literacy Night 4-630 p.m.
- March 6-10: Scholastic Book Fair provided by the PTO
- March 15: Kindergarten Graduation Picture Day. All kindergarteners will have their picture taken to celebrate graduation which will be held in June. Kindergarteners need to be IN UNIFORM.
- March 17: Spring Picture Day for ALL Students. Students DO NOT need to wear their school uniforms.
- March 20-24: Spirit Week
- March 27-31: Parent-Teacher Conferences
- April 3-7: Spring Break
- April 10-May 12: Spring NWEA testing for ALL students
- April 10-May 28: M-STEP testing for ALL 3-7 grade students
Please make sure your child is well rested, on time each day and remains in school for the FULL instructional day during NWEA and M-STEP testing.