What is a FBR Academy?
FBR academies are FREE public Charter Schools providing choice, challenge and success for every K-8 child.
How are charter schools different from public schools?
Charter schools are held to the same standards as other district schools but Charter schools can limit class sizes and do not have taxing authority.
How may students per classroom?
We offer small class sizes and push-in classroom support to ensure students are getting enough individualized attention.
Are teachers certified?
Absolutely! All teachers are certified and highly qualified.
Is there a dress code? If so, what is it?
Yes there is.
- Boys: White shirts with collar such as, turtleneck, polo style shirt, button down oxford.
- No tee-shirts, no insignias except Academy approved.
- Girls: white shirts with a collar such as, turtleneck, polo style shirt, button down blouse, peter pan collared shirts. No tee-shirts, no insignias except Academy approved.
- Navy, gray or white sweaters or fleece, (no sweatshirts). May wear sweater vests or
fleece vests in navy or gray. All visible undershirts must also be solid white.
- Navy blue pants, skirts, skorts, jumpers (with white collared shirt underneath), or
walking shorts (no sweatpants or jeans).
- Navy, gray, or white socks or tights (solid color only).
- No open-toed shoes, crocs, shoes with wheels, fashion boots or cowboy boots. May
wear tennis shoes or dress shoes.
Do you offer specials?
Yes! Our curriculum includes art, music, and gym.
Are parents welcome in the classroom?
Definitely! We encourage and look forward to parent involvement.
Is transportation provided?
No. Parents and guardians are responsible for dropping off and picking up their children. This provides an opportunity to talk to your child’s teacher each day.
Is before/after school care available on site?
Yes! Childcare is provided by the Child Development Center. State subsidies for qualifying families are available.