Greetings Parents and Families! There are lots of exciting events taking place this month:
- Friday, February 7th, we are celebrating the 100th day of school! Students are invited to decorate a poster with 100 things to display in their classroom. Later that day we will have a gallery walk for everyone to see each other’s poster. We can’t wait to see what everyone brings in!
- Wednesday, February 12th, is count day in the state of Michigan. Student attendance is especially important. Students that are absent will need a note excusing them upon return. Also, this day will be NON UNIFORM! Enjoy!
- Friday, February 14th, is Valentine’s Day! All classrooms will be celebrating with fun activities. Students are welcome to wear red, pink, and/or purple (no uniform)!
- Friday, February 28th there is no school! This is our very short version of a mid-winter break. Enjoy!
- This month we wrapped up our second round of NWEA testing for K-3 in reading only. This helps us see how students are doing and how best to adjust instruction to meet their needs.
- April 14 is Spring Picture Day
- Also this month, Javarion Boyd-Franklin will be our first Principal of the Day. He turned in over 100 SOAR tickets…what are SOAR tickets you ask…I’m glad you asked…
- During the month of January, our students selected our new school mascot. We are the Evergreen Eagles, and all Eagles SOAR and are:
- When students are “caught” SOAR-ing, they get a SOAR ticket.
As always, should you have questions do not hesitate to contact me either here at school by phone or at this email: firstname.lastname@example.org