Classrooms are organized, cubbies are labeled, and the Evergreen team is ready to begin an exciting school year. Our open house is scheduled for Wednesday, August 30th from 3-6 pm. Stop by and meet your child’s teacher, help your child locate their classroom and desk, and meet new classmates.
Our office will be open daily from 7:30-4 pm starting Thursday, August 24th.
Tuesday, September 5th is our first fun-filled full day of school.
DAILY SCHEDULE: Doors open at 8:00 am. Students enter the classroom at 8:15 am with instruction beginning at 8:20 am. Students will be marked tardy should they arrive after 8:20am. We dismiss at 3:30 pm. Our lunch and recess block is from 11:30-12:45pm.
DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP PROCEDURES: To help us make this school year a safe and fun one, it is important that we all understand the expectations of the Academy. For example, we start our day at 8:00 am. That means that children will not be permitted in the school building prior to 8:00 am. If you need to drop your children off prior to that time, you will need to make arrangements either with a friend or family member, or enroll at the Evergreen CDC which can be reached at 269-488-0016.
Dismissal is at 3:30 pm. Please wait outside until 3:30 to pick up your child. We ask that you not disrupt class during the day unless you have made arrangements ahead of time with the teacher to visit. Pickup at dismissal time, especially at the start of the school year, can be chaotic. Please try to follow some simple procedures to keep things moving smoothly:
- While in line, keep as close to the vehicle in front of you as you safely can and move forward to keep the line moving.
- Once you’ve gotten your child safely buckled in and the car in front of you has moved forward, please leave to allow others to pick up their children, too.
- Please refrain from using your cell phone while students are present in the driveway, be aware that students and staff are crossing at all points.
- Do NOT get out of your vehicle unless you are parked in a designated parking spot. A teacher or other staff member will escort your child to your vehicle.
- Be courteous and patient.
Please remember that everything will go better if we all take a deep breath and cooperate with the staff and other parents. I know that seeing a long line of cars ahead of you and having things to do and places to go can create quite a bit of anxiety, and sometimes anger. Please try to be patient and follow the rules for the sake of everyone’s safety and sanity.
EARLY DISMISSAL PROCEDURES:
Please understand students are expected to remain in school the full instructional day (8:20-3:30 p.m.). We understand appointments come up and students may need to leave early. Our goal is to ensure our students are given all opportunities to learn and maximize instruction with minimal classroom interruptions. Please notify the office at 269-488-6324 as soon as you know that this will be necessary.
UNIFORM POLICY: Students are expected to arrive on time and in uniform. Uniform violation letters will be sent home if a student is not in uniform. Parents may be contacted to pick up their child or bring their child a change of clothes. All students are to be dressed neatly according to the following guidelines:
- Navy blue pants, skirts, or walking shorts (not sweatpants or blue jeans)
- White shirts with collars, bearing no insignias (no crew neck T-shirts)
- Shirts worn underneath a white collared shirt MUST be white bearing no insignias.
- Navy or gray sweaters (no sweatshirts)
- Navy, gray or white socks or tights
- No open-toed shoes, Crocs, heels or shoes with wheels.
CLASSROOM ASSIGNMENTS AND SUPPLY LISTS:
While students will be able to find out who their teacher is at our back to school open house on August 30th, please keep in mind that due to potential changes in enrollment and/or staffing during the first several weeks of school, all placements are considered temporary. While every effort is made to avoid changes after the first day of school, it is occasionally necessary to make some changes to class lists. Parents will always be notified if that is to occur. Every effort is made to do what is in the best interest of our students. Supply lists can be found on our website under each grade level tab.
The Evergreen Academy team has high expectations for our students. Each child is expected to be a responsible and respectful student. They will strive daily to demonstrate their personal best when asked to work independently or when working with their peers. At home, support is necessary for students to take ownership in the learning process. Together we will help our students develop and grow socially and academically. I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer vacation and I look forward to meeting you in a few short weeks.