Welcome back to school. I hope that everyone had a super summer. I am looking forward to getting to know your child. I can’t wait to get this school year started!!
- School starts at 8:20 and is dismissed at 3:30.
- The first few weeks will be used for learning routines, getting to know each other, and review.
- Daily 5 is the literacy program we use in second grade. Students will Read to Self, Read to Someone, Listen to Reading, Work on Writing, Word Work, or Read with a Teacher.
- Students will write every day in their journals. They are focusing on making a plan and writing about themselves. We are working on taking a small moment and adding interesting details.
- This year, we will not send homework home. If your child has trouble getting work finished in class it may be sent home. Please make sure they complete it at home and bring it back to school.
- Spelling words will be sent home in your child’s Friday Folder. A practice test will be given the following Thursday with the actual spelling test on Friday.