Happy October! We are rolling right along into the school year, filled with wonderful learning experiences, including real world applications! Our class is soaring to new heights!
*Biomes, Differentiating species of plants and animals, Carbon Cycle,
*Chemistry: All Year
*Microscopic Life: Introduction
Math: Moving into algebraic expressions; Ratios; Mult. and Div. of decimals.
ART: Renaissance Art: Art Prize Field Trip Oct. 5th! Drawing, Painting, Sculpting
P.E.: Circuit training
Music: Rhythm and Vocal Exercises; Music of the Classical period.
Social Studies: World Studies; Culture; Governments around the
Fun Family Time! All too often we get so caught up in our own busy lives. Take time for family fun! Here are some fun ideas!
- Go Jump in a pile of leaves. Nothing beats fresh pile of leaves, and jumping in, no matter the age!
- Go apple picking!
- Head to a pumpkin patch!
- Make some hot chocolate and drink it outside!
- Play indoor games together!
- Get cozy and read, read, read! Everyone should read about 20 minutes, at least, each night after school!
- Explore art using fall colors!
- Get crafty! Who doesn’t love an autumn craft!
- Watch a movie as a family!
- Make yummy treats! (share with teacher)! 😉
Calling all parents! We need you to help your student study for spelling tests each Monday (pretest) and Thursday (test).
- Use flash cards
- Write the words in stair form, starting with one letter and adding a new letter for each “step”.
- Spelling puzzles
- Window writing!
- Use an online puzzle maker with spelling list words!
- Have fun!