Hello Families! We can hardly believe it, the end of 2017 is here! Our Sixth Grade class has been expanding and stretching our academics into many new voyages! We have traveled into space and around the world, into the future and back in time, all from our classroom! We continue to include chemistry, engineering, critical thinking, technology, and sciences at the forefront of our daily activities!
February 21st is a field trip to the Kalamazoo Institute of Arts. We will go for two hours in the morning, and are looking for drivers. Let me know if you wish to chaperone and drive that day!
- Chemistry Exploration through Virtual Reality and classroom experiments
- Sociology study of cultures from around the world, both present and ancient!
- Language Arts: Author’s Purpose; Fables; Poems
- Mathematics: Geometry, Fractions and Algebra
- Art: Connections to Curriculum!!
- Music: Tempo; rhythmic accompaniments; music from various cultures; and choir!
- P.E.: Various Fitness activities and the life long enjoyments that can be discovered through physical fitness!
Parent Volunteers: Our class is always focused on goal-setting, and part of that is thinking about our lives beyond the classroom. Please consider joining our class to talk to us about your profession! If you would like to come in, please send a note to school with your student, and we will set up a time convenient for you! Thank you!